All seating in the Waterloo and Kitchener Libraries has been restored. Users are permitted to work in groups, including use of Group study rooms. Food and drink are allowed in the Library following University guidelines (masks can be removed briefly while actively eating or drinking and replaced quickly when finished).
Students are required to wear a face covering (unless granted exemption) and follow university campus health and safety guidelines.
For a listing of all campus study spaces open to students, see Campus Study Spaces
- Waterloo Campus Library
- Kitchener Faculty of Social Work Library
- Branford's Digital Library and Learning Commons
Waterloo Campus Library Study Areas
Group Study Rooms
- Group study rooms can be reserved for up to 3 hours per day by groups of 1 to 6 people
- Descriptions: Waterloo group study rooms
Individual Study Room (ALC Registered Students)
- Individual study rooms on are located on floors 4 through 7
- Descriptions and regulations: Individual Study Rooms (ALC Registered students)
Individual Study Room (All Students)
- Individual study rooms on are located on floors 3
- Descriptions: Individual Study Rooms (All Students) (coming soon)
Individual Study Pods (All Students)
- Individual study pods are on the 7th floor
- Descriptions: Individual Study Pods (All Students)
Graduate Commons: Study and Lounge Area
- Located on third floor
- Two group study rooms, individual study spaces, tables, and lounge furniture
- Graduate and postdoctoral students can access the Commons during building opening hours (see Waterloo Library hours) through One Card swipe access
Open Study Spaces
Study Desks, Tables and Lounge Furniture (Main and Upper Floors)
- Individual study spaces (lounge furniture, desks and tables) are available in Waterloo on the main floor and all upper floors (3 through 7) on a first come, first served basis.
- Individual study carrels (small enclosed desk intended for quiet study) are available on floors 3 through 7.
- Desks with computers and ICT supplied software are available on the main floor and floors 3 and 4. For description of available software, please see ICT Computer Labs.
Quiet Study Floor
- The 7th floor is for silent study
Kitchener Faculty of Social Work Library Study Areas
The Kitchener Faculty of Social Work library is open Thursdays and Fridays from 10 am to 2 pm and by One Card access during other times
- Open study spaces (desks, carrels and tables) do not require reservations and are available on a first come, first served basis
- There are two study rooms that can be used by one or more users and can be reserved directly by users for up to three hours per day
Reserve a Group Study Room
- Group study rooms can be reserved for up to 3 hours per day by groups of 1 to 6 people.
- Descriptions: Kitchener group study room
Brantford's Digital Library and Learning Commons
- The Brantford Campus' Digital Library and Learning Commons (DLLC) is accessible for study space, but other DLLC library services are currently unavailable.